Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Having some trouble...

Making up my mind! I am so indecisive about a lot of things. Especially when it comes to blogging. I have so much I want to share but, it all seems so random. I love food so I would like to share recipes with you. I love travel and wish to share my adventures. I love fashion, music, art and so much more that I want to share with you. So...I am going to share it all.

Just over a week ago, my boyfriend and I were fortunate enough to win tickets to see Them Crooked Vultures in Ottawa and Toronto plus round-trip train rides and hotel accomodations in Ottawa. This was our first experience on the train and it wasn't bad. I have the worst case of motion sickness so I was prepared with some little pink pills to help me from being sick. Good news is that they worked and I wasn't puking on anyone. Bad news is there was a derailment about halfway to Ottawa so we had to take a bus the rest of the way.

When we arrived in Ottawa we got a taxi to the hotel and were surprised that we got hooked up with 4 diamond accomodations. Oh and over the course of 2 days we ended up spending $167 on cab rides!!! All we did was go from train station to hotel, hotel to concert, concert to hotel and hotel to train station. Unbelieveable. We just ate a local diner and entertained ourselves to make up for the hefty cab rides.

The 2 days in Ottawa were great. The first night was the concert and Them Crooked Vultures put on a great show. Smaller crowd than I was expecting but we had great seats so I didn't mind! The next day we made use of the hotel pool and hot tub, took a nature walk around the premises (there was a golf course attached to the hotel) and enjoyed our luxurious room. The train ride back to Toronto the next day went smoothly. No bus this time!


We arrived a few hours before the next concert and were so drained from the past couple of days I wasn't sure if we were going to be able to keep our eyes open! We did, however, leave a little early but, while we were there, after many text messages and squinting across the arena we were able to find our friends in their seats which, delighted us all and caused a great eruption of waving and "lol" texts.

The Toronto show, what we saw anyways, was another great performance by Them Crooked Vultures and overall was a trip to remember. Thanks to 97.7 HTZ-FM for our mini-vacation full of adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment